Grief is one of the most challenging emotions for a person to experience and then process. Often, a grief and loss therapy program is the best way for someone to ease this emotional pain. At Imagine Seattle, we proudly provide teen grief counseling as one of our many adolescent mental health treatment programs.
Our grief and loss therapy program is designed to help teens who are grieving the death of a loved one. It can also be helpful for teens who are coping with a significant life change, such as the end of a relationship or the loss of a job. The program provides a safe and supportive environment where teens can share their feelings and experiences with others who understand what they are going through. Learn more about our range of adolescent mental health treatment programs, including our grief and loss therapy program, by calling 425.295.2459 or filling out our online contact form.
Grief and Loss Therapy at Imagine Seattle
The grief and loss therapy program at Imagine Seattle is based on the principles of cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT). CBT is a proven treatment approach that helps people to change the way they think about their problems. It can be especially helpful for teens who are struggling with grief, as it can help them to manage their emotions and cope with their grief in a healthy way.
Benefits of a Grief and Loss Therapy Program
People who engage in a grief and loss therapy program begin to experience the benefits almost immediately.
Some of these benefits include:
- Finding comfort in fond memories of a loved one who has passed
- Recognizing that grief is a normal emotion to feel
- Accepting the loss
- Working through the stages of grief
- Identifying healthy coping mechanisms
Additional Programs at Imagine Seattle
At Imagine Seattle, our team creates customized treatment plans for each teen in our care. That way, each person receives the precise level of care they need.
In addition to grief and loss therapy, our Imagine Seattle team also provides:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) – In our teen CBT program, adolescent clients are encouraged to identify and evaluate their negative thoughts about themselves, the world, and their future. By leading young people down this path, therapists can help clients start to feel better emotionally and begin to behave more functionally as they develop the ability to think more realistically about their current situation and the potential they have for a brighter future.
- Trauma therapy – The trauma therapy program at Imagine Seattle ensures that your adolescent knows that they are not alone and that their trauma and the related emotional turmoil suffered is valid. Additionally, our program asserts that your teen can and will overcome a traumatic past to live a happier, healthier life into adulthood.
- Family therapy – Our family therapy program is a psychological counseling approach that can assist with improving communication between family members, both young and old. Additionally, through our family counseling sessions, Seattle families can learn to resolve conflicts that exist today and develop the tools needed to stave off disputes in the future.
- Co-occurring disorders -Many teenagers diagnosed with a mental health disorder are found to also be struggling with more than one disorder. This is referred to as a dual diagnosis and requires the professional help found in the co-occurring disorder treatment program at Imagine Seattle.
Choose Imagine Seattle for Grief Counseling in Washington
If you are interested in our grief and loss therapy program or any of our other adolescent mental health treatment programs, please contact us today online or at 425.295.2459. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have. Thank you for considering Imagine Seattle as your trusted resource for teen mental health care.