Everyone feels angry from time to time, and it is a natural response to situations that are upsetting or cause stress. In some cases, those angry feelings will become overpowering and unable to control, causing a verbal or physical lashing out at whoever is around them. An anger management program can give teens the coping and communication skills necessary to express their feelings appropriately. Anger management is just one part of a mental health treatment program in Washington that will address all of your teen’s mental health needs.
At Imagine Seattle, we support teen boys and girls ages 12-17 who are having trouble controlling their anger and other emotions. Our certified therapists have experience working with teens from all walks of life. They take the time to build trust and a rapport with each patient to establish an atmosphere of open and honest communication. For more information about our mental health treatment program in Washington, call 425.295.2459 or fill out our online form today, and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
What Is an Anger Management Program?
An anger management program works with teens who have trouble controlling their anger and other emotions. Some anger in your teens is natural and expected. Still, there is a difference between healthy anger and uncontrollable rage that leads to verbal or physical abuse against themselves or others.
Some signs that your teen is unable to control their anger include:
- Physical aggression or violence
- Verbal threats
- Bullying others
- Cruel behavior toward people and animals
- Destroying property
- Regular emotional outbursts
At Imagine Seattle, our anger management program in Seattle, WA, works with teens to help them control their emotions and manage their symptoms. They learn healthy coping skills for processing their anger and how to communicate their feelings appropriately.
The Benefits of Anger Management for Teens
There are many benefits of anger management for teens. The teenage years are filled with changing thoughts, new emotions, and feelings. It can be a confusing time, and if they don’t know how to process their feelings, it can cause them to become angry and lash out.
Here are some of the benefits of anger management for teens:
- Therapists will work privately with teens to help them process their anger in a healthy way instead of lashing out. They teach them healthy coping skills for expressing themselves and how to see themselves and others in a positive light.
- Teens practice their communication skills with their peers in supervised role-playing activities. Therapists monitor their interactions to prevent any angry outbursts or troubling behavior.
- Therapists teach teens mindfulness techniques that show them how to stay in the present and how to use their senses to distract themselves when they feel angry.
- Parents and siblings will be involved with treatment and have a safe space to talk about their feelings and work on restoring any broken trust or relationships between all family members.
If teens do not get help with their anger issues, it will lead to forming unhealthy relationships, substance abuse, failing grades, withdrawing from friends and family, and worsening mental health that will follow them into adulthood.
Imagine Seattle Offers Effective Anger Management Program in Seattle, WA
At Imagine Seattle, we support teen boys and girls between the ages of 12 and 17 who are having trouble controlling their anger. Our behavioral therapists have experience with anger management and will work with your teen in group and individual therapy to develop coping skills to manage their anger and other emotions.
We offer a full range of therapy programs at our discreet facility, including:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Anger management program
- Family therapy
- Co-occurring disorder therapy
- Crisis intervention therapy
- Teen relationship counseling
If your teen son or daughter is experiencing angry outbursts and cannot control their temper, call 425.295.2459 today to speak with our friendly staff about enrolling in our anger management program.