Anxiety can cause teens to feel like they are gripped with fear and unable to control their thoughts and actions. It can be a frightening experience for them and cause major disruptions at school or at home. An anxiety treatment program helps teens recognize their triggers and how to avoid future attacks using breathing techniques and other healthy coping skills. Mental health treatment for teens effectively treats all types of anxiety disorders in a safe and discreet environment.
At Imagine Seattle, we support teen boys and girls ages 12-17 who are struggling with anxiety, bipolar disorder, or other mental health disorders. Our certified therapists take the time to get to know each patient and build trust and a relationship that fosters open and honest communication. For more information about our anxiety treatment program, call 425.295.2459 today to see how we can help your teen manage their anxiety symptoms.
Why Should You Find an Anxiety Treatment Program?
Anxiety treatment for teens goes beyond managing their symptoms of anxiety. It gives them a boost of confidence and self-esteem and a healthy set of coping skills that will give them the courage to face any challenge. Teens work directly with therapists to find what triggers their anxiety and how to cope with the feeling and sensations that arise.
Anxiety is a natural response to stressful or tense situations and prepares your body for a fight or flight response. While preparing for an important test may not be the same as running for your life, those with severe anxiety know that it can trigger the same mental and physical reactions—fear, panic, racing heart rate, an overpowering sense of dread, and other symptoms.
At Imagine Seattle, our anxiety treatment program in Seattle, WA, is effective in giving teens the confidence and skills necessary to manage their anxiety symptoms. They practice mindfulness techniques and role-playing activities to develop their coping skills in a safe and controlled environment.
What to Expect from an Anxiety Treatment Program in Seattle, WA
Anxiety disorder treatment uses a combination of behavioral and holistic therapy that gives teens hope for a future with zero panic attacks and a positive outlook on life. It can also build their confidence in social situations and make them not feel nervous or apprehensive about meeting new friends or dating.
Here is what to expect when starting anxiety treatment for teens:
- Patients will go through a full assessment of their physical and mental health to determine the best treatment for their symptoms. The assessment will identify any corresponding conditions that can impact their treatment.
- Therapists will work with teens in private therapy, where they will learn how to stop negative thinking through mindfulness techniques and other coping skills. They also learn how to express their feelings in a healthy manner.
- During group therapy, teens will practice their coping and communication skills under direct supervision by therapists. They participate in role-playing activities and games that build their confidence and reward positive behavior.
- Parents and siblings will be involved with therapy to ensure their home life does not interfere with their therapy. Families learn how to be supportive while talking privately with a therapist about their feelings in a safe and judgment-free space.
Anxiety disorder treatment is essential for your teen’s well-being if their symptoms are disrupting their education and development.
Imagine Seattle: Mental Health Treatment for Teens
At Imagine Seattle, we help teen boys and girls who are struggling with anxiety and want help managing their symptoms. Each teen’s anxiety treatment program is tailored to their unique symptoms and includes a full range of beneficial therapies, such as:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Trauma therapy
- Family therapy
- Teen crisis intervention
- Teen relationship counseling
Today is a good day to start your teen son or daughter’s therapy for their anxiety disorder. Call 425.295.2459 or fill out their online form today, and our team will get back to you within 24 hours.