For teenagers, relationships can cause a lot of joy and pain as they try to understand their thoughts and emotions toward others. Teen relationship counseling is vital for helping your teen son or daughter understand the complications of relationships and how to process their feelings in a healthy way. At Imagine Seattle, we provide teen relationship counseling in Seattle for teens who have difficulty forming relationships.
Imagine Seattle offers support for teens aged 12-17 who struggle with forming healthy relationships. By getting your teen the therapy they need now, you build their self-esteem and confidence in themselves and their relationship skills. They learn how to process their feelings in a healthy way and not let them spiral out of control and worsen the situation. Fill out our online form or call 425.295.2459 today to speak with our friendly staff about our teen counseling in Seattle if your teen son or daughter is having difficulty with relationships.
Relationships are Tough for Teenagers
It can be a very exciting time for your loved ones as they start dating and exploring their sexuality. It can also be very frustrating when their feelings aren’t returned how they want, or they have feelings that are different from their friends. Many teens will not have the necessary coping skills to handle their first heartbreak, and it can lead to severe problems such as:
- Body-image issues
- Self-harm or suicidal thoughts
A teen relationship counseling program helps teens process their feelings in a safe and encouraging space. They are free to talk about the relationship issues they face, and therapists teach them how to understand their feelings and create healthy coping skills. Teen relationship counseling can be very beneficial to your teen as it can build their confidence and teach them how not to let their emotions control their actions.
Benefits of a Teen Relationship Counseling Program
There are many benefits to enrolling your teen son or daughter into therapy if they have trouble forming healthy relationships. Being a teen can be a very confusing time, and they don’t have the necessary skills to deal with their feelings. A teen relationship counseling program can help your teen form healthy coping skills that they will use now and in the future.
Some of the benefits your teen can experience from teen counseling in Seattle include:
- Improved communication skills – Teens learn to better communicate their feelings instead of acting out irrationally. Therapists work with your teen to create coping skills that allow them to slow down and properly express their feelings.
- A better understanding of themselves and their feelings – Sometimes, teens can be confused by their feelings and not know how to express them. They may be attracted to the same sex or have gender issues that they don’t understand. Therapists will help your teen to understand their feelings and that they are not alone. They teach them to accept themselves for who they are and that it is OK to be different.
- Improved family bond – It can be just as frustrating for parents to see their loved ones struggle with relationships and not know how to help. A part of teen counseling in Seattle is getting your family involved so they can understand what they are going through and how they can support them during this difficult time. The end result is a healthy teenager and a stronger family bond.
Choose Imagine Seattle for Teen Relationship Counseling
At Imagine Seattle, we support teens aged 12-17 and their families to get through some of the common relationship issues teens struggle with. Our outpatient treatment facility offers multiple therapy programs to help improve your teen’s ability to form healthy relationships. Our therapy programs include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Family counseling
- Group therapy
- Trauma therapy
If you would like more information on teen relationship counseling, contact us online or call 425.295.2459 today to speak with our knowledgeable staff about our teen relationship counseling program in Seattle.