Meditation for anxiety is a proven holistic technique for treating a variety of mental health disorders. Anxiety affects over 30% of teen boys and girls across this country. In most cases, teens will experience mild symptoms before a big test or talking with their crush, while others will feel debilitating symptoms that cause fear, panic, and other severe symptoms. An anxiety treatment program includes meditation and behavioral therapy to give teens the skills and confidence they need to manage their symptoms and lead productive lives.
At Imagine Seattle, we help teens aged 12-17 who are struggling with anxiety, substance abuse, or other mental health disorders. We provide outpatient treatment programs for teens whose anxiety is impacting their education and development. We also include family therapy to resolve any issues at home between parents and siblings. If you would like more information about our anxiety treatment program, call 425.295.2459 or send us a message through our online form today, and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
How Does Meditation for Anxiety Help Teens?
Meditation is an ancient practice that dates back as early as 5,000 BCE that promotes clarity, awareness, and a calmer emotional state. Today, nearly every religious practice uses some form of meditation, and it is now being used to treat anxiety, depression, and other mental health conditions for children, teens, and adults.
There are several types of meditation for anxiety, including:
- Mindfulness meditation
- Guided meditation
- Tai chi
- Qi gong
- Transcendental meditation
At Imagine Seattle, we know how difficult life can be for teens today and how easy it is for them to feel anxious or depressed. We teach them several types of meditation for anxiety that will help them manage their symptoms and get more in touch with their true selves.
Meditation for Teens Struggling with Their Mental Health
Research has proven that a simple 15-minute daily meditation program is very beneficial for teens who are struggling with anxiety. It can help them focus on their schoolwork, strengthen their mental awareness, and stop the endless loop of negative thinking.
Here are some additional ways meditation for teens can improve their mental health and other aspects of their lives:
- Emotional regulation—Teens who practice meditation regularly are able to handle their emotions better with fewer outbursts or negative behaviors. They learn how to cope with any situation without becoming overly emotional or stressed.
- Increased self-awareness—Meditation is a form of mindfulness that teaches teens to stay in the present and not focus on past or future events. Teens become more self-aware and are able to stay focused on the present and not let their wandering thoughts distract them.
- Improved immunity—Having a healthier state of mind can improve their immune system and physical health. Yoga, Tai chi, and other types of physical meditation improve flexibility and strength, reduce stress, and promote a healthy lifestyle.
- Improved empathy—Becoming more self-aware also increases teens’ ability to empathize with others and learn to accept them for who they are.
Meditation for anxiety is very helpful for teens struggling with their mental health. It can improve their socializing and schoolwork and better prepare them for the stresses of everyday adult life.
Discover an Effective Anxiety Treatment Program for Teens at Imagine Seattle
At Imagine Seattle, we provide comprehensive treatment programs for anxiety, depression, and other mental health disorders. We work with teen boys and girls between the ages of 12 and 17 to teach them healthy coping skills for managing their symptoms and leading productive lives. We use several types of therapies, including:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Family therapy
- Trauma therapy
- Relationship therapy
If your teen son or daughter is struggling with anxiety, call 425.295.2459 today to speak with our caring staff about enrolling them in our anxiety treatment program.