When your teen is in the middle of a crisis, you want to be there for them, but you are not sure how when everything you do is only met with more tears or yelling. Sometimes the best thing you can do is keep them safe and wait for them to calm down until they can communicate better. A teen crisis intervention will provide the tools you and your teen need to navigate this difficult time. Imagine Seattle provides a teen crisis intervention program in Seattle for teens and their families dealing with a crisis.
At Imagine Seattle, we help teen boys and girls aged 12-17 struggling with a crisis or other mental health disorders through crisis intervention in Seattle. We will sit and listen to your teen to better understand the crisis and begin working toward helping them calmly deal with the issue. Reach out to our professionals at Imagine Seattle online or at 425.295.2459 to learn how our teen crisis intervention program in Seattle might be right for your family.
Understanding Teen Crisis Intervention
Being a teenager is not an easy time. Bodies are changing, hormones are increasing, and sometimes their thoughts and emotions can cause confusion and frustration. On top of that, how they appear to their peers and on social media is a big concern and can lead to a significant crisis if they face ridicule or bullying. If you do not deal with the crisis right away, it can significantly affect their future mental health and prosperity.
The first thing you need to understand is how to recognize the signs of a crisis so you can get them on the right track. While each teen is unique and they can experience different symptoms, some common signs of a crisis in teens include:
- Intense mood swings
- Crying for no reason
- Withdrawing from family and friends
- Changes in sleeping habits
- Changes in appetite
- Confusion and memory loss
- Self-harming or suicidal thoughts
- Increasing self-destructive behavior
Often it can seem like these changes happen overnight, but some types of crisis can grow over time, making it difficult to pinpoint the original cause. That is why it is essential to recognize these signs right away and talk with your teen. If you recognize any of these signs and feel your teen is in crisis, reach out to Imagine Seattle to learn about teen crisis counseling.
How Can Crisis Intervention for Teens Help?
Crisis intervention for teens can teach your teen son or daughter how to cope with their feelings and emotions through various holistic techniques.
Some of these techniques include:
- Meditation – Meditation is an effective way for teens to calm down and slow their racing minds. This technique helps patients better understand their feelings and how to cope with them in a healthy manner.
- Grounding with the five senses – Grounding is a great technique that focuses on your senses to interrupt racing thoughts. By focusing on things you can see, touch, hear, smell, and taste, patients can distract their minds and focus on what is in front of them.
- Breathing exercises – Breathing is essential for life, but it can also reduce stress and anxiety. Patients breathe in slowly for a count of 3-5 seconds, then breathe out for the same count. They repeat the process until they are calm and able to communicate what’s wrong.
Learn More About Teen Crisis Intervention at Imagine Seattle
At Imagine Seattle, we help teens aged 12-17 struggling with a crisis through our crisis intervention in Seattle.
We offer a wide range of therapy programs that include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Trauma therapy
- Family therapy
- Group therapy
Call 425.295.2459 today to speak with our compassionate staff or reach out to us online to learn more about our teen crisis intervention program if your teen struggles with a crisis. You do not have to tackle this alone.